Friday, February 5, 2010

I wish I could turn this picture sideways for you. But maybe download it. I love this landscape. Its like from another world. A true loonar landscape. These boulders are piled impossibly on top of each other more miles in every direction. This is the view from a temple named after the monkeys. Spirtual, religious men live in the temple for months at a time, some for a life time. We sat for an hour or more talking, being hosted for a simple lunch and tea, just because we decided to hang around for a bit. A great time.
Creepy monkey. Giving me the cut eye. These little buggers were prowling the stairs up to the temple. Very calm with humans, especially tourists who often feed them banannas.

This was one of the coolest spots ever. A super deep resevoire filled with clean, cold water. Perfect for a dip after biking around town looking at temples and monkeys. A rotating crowd of people come and go for an afternoon swim. Just a great place to go cool down.

Yes thats me. Sorry Mom. I know. But I had to give that a try. Its very deep and safe, and just so awesome to fly off the edge and dive in. Such a rush.
Cute little bugger. not as Scary as his older uncle.
These were taken today. A really great day filled with exploration. Another planned tomorrow.
I wish I could write more, and put up so many more pictures. I will add more when i'm home. Its tough to find time to get at a computer.
Hope the weather at home isn't too bad :S

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic with you doing the yoga tree pose but not so much the pic of you jumping. That just makes me feel ill, to look at that one!
    The weather has been cold but not bad for walking and driving. They are predicting a snow storm for tonight. Maybe we will get enough snow to make it look like winter here.
    Take care and be safe!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike your Aunt Alison I think the best shot is the one of you diving off the cliff. Great composition and movement caught in time.

    Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete