Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I was in Arungabad at the hostel and was lucky enough to be there when a local Karate group was doing a presentation for their parents and families. As usual as soon as a camera is out, the kids crowd around for a chance to have a picture taken. These portraits turned out really well.
I was able to snap this picture quickly at the Ajanta caves. I was trying to get jus the tree, and was waiting while people walked past, but then this monk came and positioned himself perfectly in the frame for a great photo.

Who doesn't love a monkey? However, these little buggers were pretty freaky looking, kinda scary really. But I like the curious look about this little guy.
This class of students were taking a field trip to the Elora Caves. The kids were more interested in John and I. They lost interest in the caves and concentrated on practicing english and shaking hands with the exotic, bearded white guys.

I was able to get this quick portrait away from the hoards of children. I really like this one. Shows the friendship and closeness of the Indian people. You often see men walking down the street with pinky fingers linked or an arm around the shoulder. Its different from western society, but I think its kinda nice.
I don't know what they were doing inside the home across the street, but white smoke was pumping out of the window, filling the streets of this poorer residential area. I was trying to frame a shot of a few people walking into the alley when this guy walked into the frame. Another chance picture that turned out great.
Just having some fun with the open shutter. This is along the promanade near the gateway to India.
This man has devoted his life to feeding the pigeons outside the gateway to India. He was very nice, and agreed to the portrait. I am happy with the way it turned out. He's not as unhappy as he looks though.
This is Indian Maddox. Jessica's brother has the same type of dog at home. This guy is about 40 lbs lighter than Canadian Maddox, but both dogs have the same sad looking face.
This Is John. I have been travelling with him since we met early morning on my first day in Mumbai. Great travel partner and super nice guy. I like the friendly interaction in this shot, even if it is was over exposed.
I found internet access that wasn't slow as dirt and decided to upload a few shots to share with you all. Its been a slow day here in Mumbai, still just killin time waiting for the train. Going for lunch soon :)









5 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics ... you and your friend John could pass for brothers!!!!
    Stay safe
    Love, Aunt Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that today in Canada it is January 28th but I believe that it is January 29th in India.....so Happy 25th Birthday to yooooou! I hope that you have had a wonderful day!
    With love from Auntie Alison xo
    p.s. I love your photo of the monk and the one of the cheeky monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pics man !!! keep postin !
    Happy B day !!

    Love ya man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tommy!!!! What a way to spend your 25th.
    Stay safe
    Love Aunt Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!!
    what a wonderful way to spend your day,full of adventure. Know you are thought about and loved from afar.
    love Aunt Heather xo

    ReplyDelete